Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way The Phone Experts conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to The Phone Experts daily operations.
The Phone Experts strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers and employees in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of The Phone Experts must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing The Phone Experts to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application or form. This allows The Phone Experts to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
The Phone Experts collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers.
The Phone Experts assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control.
The Phone Experts obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how The Phone Experts uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. The Phone Experts will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. The Phone Experts will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
The Phone Experts will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
The Phone Experts vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. The Phone Experts maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law, older records may be stored in a secure location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of The Phone Experts who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- The Phone Experts computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Active files are kept in locked filing cabinets.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall and are further protected by virusattacks by sufficient software solutions.The Phone Experts at its option may change delete, suspend or discontinue parts or the policy in its entirety, at any time without notice 19
In most instances, The Phone Experts will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify The Phone Experts as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should The Phone Experts deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, The Phone Experts will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
The Phone Experts may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- An emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.The Phone Experts is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
The Phone Experts will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information. This organization will address concerns to the best of its abilities.